20110917

WIP: Illustrative Alphabets + Animation

I hate how I lack in presentation skills, especially when I have to do it when I'm least expecting it (like on Thursday) because my mind goes blank, and I don't really know what to say about my work when I actually spend A LOT of time on the thinking process.


i.e.

Q: How did you choose your works for the strongest pieces?

A: I just went through my entire portfolio and chose the ones that I thought were the strongest.

....That doesn't answer the question. Am I retarded? I want to shoot myself for all the other stupid responses I made during that presentation, but this one, especially. I wanted to show variety in my work, but also wanted to emphasize in my illustrational skills because I feel like that's my strongest point and what got me into the program (?), so I decided to choose 3 pieces that demonstrated my illustrational side, 1 logo, and 1 that I liked that wasn't illustrational. THAT was what I wanted to say, but failed to do so, clearly.

Plus, I just suck at explaining in general and hate talking in front a group of people, so that just makes it even worse :I Blah, I hope I can improve this lack of self-confidence as well before I graduate. Why the hell am I so pessimistic?


ANYWAYS
some WIPs of all the projects that's been assigned so far:


Either 2 colors (complete?)


or 3 colors (incomplete)


Color schemes I had in my head. I'm gonna go with the middle one although I do like the right one too.


4310: MAGIC! THE MOUSE TOY'S WHISKERS DISAPPEAR AND APPEAR RANDOMLY. Animation sample (hence the GIF format). I have more drawn out, but this is the only part that I have animated right now. Cat = <3


4100: Nameplate design for my magazine FiberARTS.. I feel like logo/nameplate designs are my weakest point ever D: Ugh...

2 comments:

  1. You did splendidly. No apologies for me calling on unexpectedly. I just thought the work on your blog was one of the strongest and the most sensitive to what the assignments were that I gave to each of you. You did good...and yes, you will get better and better as you talk about your work. It comes with practice and conviction so not to worry. Everything in it's own time. Your work is strong and you'll have more conviction about it as you create more and more. I have to admit that I did enjoy reading your post-observation about your presentation. It was honest and refreshing to know that you gave it some after thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Stan

    Thank you for your reassuring comment! It was a great opportunity for me to practice things like this (and just presenting in general), but I felt so ridiculous of myself when I went back to my seat because I felt like I could've done much better. As for the post-observation, whenever I have a conversation with anybody, I don't know why, but I reflect about it afterwards of how I should've responded and what I actually said--and then I feel embarrassed most of the time. So this was one of the cases. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it though haha.

    ReplyDelete