20110826

4020 Timeline and Self Portrait

EDIT @ 9:06 AM August 28

So here's my final product of my timeline/self portrait projects:



I used to draw a lot of fanarts, so all I could find were those pictures.. I wonder if I'm allowed to put them on here.



Actually, I'm not done with my self portrait yet. I still need to ink the picture by hand, but that won't take too long (hopefully). You get the basic idea with the layout and whatnot... Everything else is pretty final, I think.

----

What I've been working on for the past several hours since I woke up and before I went to sleep last night. I'm obviously not done yet, but I'm getting there.


I think I'm almost actually done with this one? I still need to place a picture in for the first and the last pollaroids and remove the Roseart logo at the top right corner. I might photoshop some sticky notes/keychains/whatnot later, but if it starts to look too cluttered, I won't. Overall placement of the pollaroid looks kind of awkward and fake, so I'm gonna tweak that a bit later too.


This is just a sketch, nothing final. Everything is going to be inked by hand, including the collage of the art supplies (meaning no photographs). I might or might not be coloring it.. it depends on how much time I have left, I guess. ...But then again, I actually kinda like the photo collage idea too, so I dunno how this is going to turn out yet lol.
Oh, and I'm not done with the photo collage either, so I still gotta play with the placement of the illustration too.

5 comments:

  1. I really like it! Really like the timeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been almost a week since I saw your designer profile illustration, and it's still blowing me away (reacting like one of the DBZ characters...cuz your level is beyond scanner reading! lol).

    Seriously Anna, this is very impressive and powerful! On both your profile and timeline. :) It's a great start on your new journey, looking forward to see what you do next (like hitting Super Saiyan level 5!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ jusgraphics

    I'm sorry for the late reply! I thought I already commented back because I talked to you about it in class like the next day lol.

    Thanks for the comment! I like how the timeline turned out too, but after looking at everybody else's in class, I guess it could've been more informational... Oh well? e_e;

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tres

    IS IT OVER 9000!!!??

    Haha thanks for the comment! I still have A LOT to work on with my design sense though because I feel like most of my works are too cluttered and busy.. They're very drawing-like, meaning I need to incorporate more negative space.

    Buuut yeah, I'm still in the learning process, so I'm sure I'll get better at these things as I keep on designing! ...Hopefully. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anna

    A great mentor told me to trust the process. Over and over again, she would remind me to trust the process. I pass this knowledge to you, trust the process. You'll be fine where your design voice will come out and differentiate with your illustrational skills. All in good time, so it WILL happen my friend. Just trust the process. :)

    Also, push your illustration skills as you learn how to simplify for the sake of design. Design will persuade you to have less and less line work for your illustrations...but the Illustration work will sometimes require you to be outside of the design realm. IF you can control and balance the two, your portfolio will be beyond people's expectations..and they will not get enough of it. :)

    ReplyDelete